As part of our programme to foster well-being, students from Year 7-10 attend an inspirational workshop at school given by Enlighten Education which provides a positive, engaging range of experiences that girls obviously enjoy from start to finish.
The sessions cover everything from helping students discover their own inner beauty, managing friendships and decoding the mixed messages they receive to helping them develop self-esteem and confidence. Rather than telling students what to do, the programme focuses on informing, inspiring and empowering them, as well as encouraging the girls to become discerning consumers and critical thinkers in a complex world.
Comments from the students who attended the 2011 workshop:
- I loved this programme and would so do it again.
- This was one of the best days at school I have ever been to.
- I loved it so much it was inspiring.
- I want to be involved in something like this when I’m older.
- I loved the programme so much I didn’t want it to end.
- Keep going around NZ and delivering this programme. It was awesome.
- It was so fun, I learnt heaps.
- I loved everything about today. I learnt to respect myself and to respect my friends.
- Today was fantastic! I loved writing in the diaries and also reading all the wonderful comments. I learnt that I need to relax more and that I need to be more positive. It was
- I learnt that we are not passive princesses! And how to deal with stress, the RESPECT rules and how much I love my friends.
- I loved the warm fuzzies, they made me feel so happy! I learnt that gossip is bad and travels fast, not everyone is perfect and that it’s really good to relax when life gets hard.
- Today I learnt how to deal with friendship problems, that I shouldn’t doubt myself, that it’s not all about being beautiful and that I need to take time to relax.
- I learnt that I am beautiful just the way I am! I am going to follow my dreams – because they might come true! The best part was the relaxing because I don’t get to do much of
- Today was fun and inspirational – just like last year was! I loved it how we bonded as a group and I loved the relaxing exercise. Today was AMAZING!