Fees for International Students
All fees are stated in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax of 15% where required.
|Annual International Student Fees|
|Annual School Fees Years 1-6||$24,765|
|Annual School Fees Years 7-13||*$35,950|
|Homestay Fees (per week)||$310|
|Student Insurance approximately||$585|
|One-off Enrolment Fee (once your application has been accepted and and upon enrolment)||$500|
|* Includes WPEN StudyCare programme|
The StudyCare Fee is for the specialised student support and New Zealand experience programme offered by Samuel Marsden School and the Wellington Private Education Network.
Annual school fees are due in full, prior to the commencement of the school year.
- In the event of early withdrawal, one term's notice in writing is required. If notice is duly given, fees will be refunded for the period of the year that the student did not attend.
- New Zealand Immigration Department requires $NZ15,000 to be paid to the school in advance to go towards Homestay costs.
In addition to the annual fees above:
- English language tuition is included in the school fees and regular classroom programme. If additional tuition is required, it is available at an extra cost.
- A range of extra tuition, for example piano, dance or speech and drama lessons is also available. These may incur an extra cost.
How to apply
Enrolment is easy, just follow these steps below:
1. International Application
International Students can apply easily by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. You are able to save the online application and come back to it later if needed. There is no application fee at this point.
Documents you may need for the application are:
- Copy of the student's passport
- Copy of a recent school report for student
- Copy of the parents or caregivers passport
- Signed copy of the International Enrolment Agreement and Medical Form which will be provided to you during the online application. Download, sign and upload.
2. Enrolment Assessment
Once we receive your completed Enrolment Agreement and Medical Form, the Director of International Students, Mrs Caroline Robertson, will conduct an online interview with you. She will assess your application and suitability. Acceptance is subject to this interview.
3. Letter of Offer
If successful, you will receive the following documents:
- A Letter of Offer from the Principal, for immigration purposes
- A Homestay Form (if applicable)
- An Acceptable Use Technology Agreement
- A Sport and Cultural Form
- There is a one-off non-refundable enrolment fee of $500
- An invoice for the enrolment fee, tuition and Homestay (if applicable).
NB: Medical and travel insurance is compulsory for International Students coming to New Zealand. Samuel Marsden School will organise and purchase medical insurance for International Students who have been offered and have accepted a place. However Marsden School does not organise travel insurance. Please note insurance MUST include cover for sporting and outdoor pursuits.
4. Confirmed Offer of Place
On return of documents and payment of fees, a confirmed offer of place will be prepared by Samuel Marsden School. Once enrolled at the school, International Students have the same rights as domestic students. They are also required to observe the laws of New Zealand, the school rules and code of conduct. In addition, students who are in a Homestay are expected to follow the rules of the Homestay parent.
If you have any questions about studying in New Zealand please contact our Director of International Students at Samuel Marsden School, phone +64 4 476 8792 ext 842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following policy outlines the conditions and requirements for making a refund for any fees for International Students: