Fees for International Students
All fees are stated in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax of 15%.
|Annual International Student Fees|
|Annual School Fees Years 1-6||$24,280|
|Annual School Fees Years 7-13||*$35,350|
|Homestay Fees (per week)||$300|
|Student Insurance approximately||$585|
|One-off Enrolment Fee (once your application has been accepted and and upon enrolment)||$500|
|* Includes WPEN StudyCare programme|
The StudyCare Fee is for the specialised student support and New Zealand experience programme offered by Samuel Marsden School and the Wellington Private Education Network.
Annual school fees are due in full, prior to the commencement of the school year.
- In the event of early withdrawal, one term's notice in writing is required. If notice is duly given, fees will be refunded for the period of the year that the student did not attend.
- New Zealand Immigration Department requires $NZ15,000 to be paid to the school in advance to go towards Homestay costs.
In addition to the annual fees above:
- English language tuition is included in the school fees and regular classroom programme. If additional tuition is required, it is available at an extra cost.
- A range of extra tuition, for example piano, dance or speech and drama lessons is also available. These may incur an extra cost.
How to apply
The application and enrolment is a two step process.
There is no application fee. You can apply easily online by clicking the button below or you can download a printable application form PDF here.
Following completion of the admission procedure above, the Principal will assess your application and offer a place.
Enrolment documentation will be sent out which includes:
- An Enrolment Agreement which outlines the conditions of study and our refund policy (to be signed).
- An invoice for the enrolment fee, tuition and Homestay (if applicable).
- An offer of place for immigration purposes.
- There is a one-off non-refundable enrolment fee of $500.
It is a requirement that international students hold travel and medical insurance and that policy details are forwarded to the school.
On return of enrolment documents and payment of fees, a letter of confirmation will be prepared by Samuel Marsden School. Once enrolled at the school, International Students have the same rights as domestic students. They are also required to observe the laws of New Zealand, the school rules and code of conduct. In addition, students who are in a Homestay are expected to follow the rules of the Homestay parent.
If you have any questions about studying in New Zealand please contact Sonia Stinson, Enrolment Manager at Samuel Marsden School, phone +64 4 476 8792 ext 831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.