Private Music Tuition at Marsden
We have a wonderful team of committed itinerant music teachers who look forward to being of service to you. The following information is helpful in explaining private music lessons at Marsden. Please note that students at Marsden Primary must be at least Year 3 before commencing music lessons, or at the discretion of the Director of Music, after consultation.
Register for lessons online using the button.
Regulations and Guidelines
- Timetables are posted in advance on the Music Noticeboard in the back music corridor. All students are expected to consult the timetables regularly and take their lessons at the appointed times.
- Instruments are to be stored in the Music Resource Room located at the end of the small studios.
- Students are expected to take part in group activities suggested by the Director of Music or their tutors. You will be notified and your support will be much appreciated.
- Lessons are held during school time on a rotating timetable for students in Years 3-10; senior students often use study periods or lunchtimes.
- Your teacher will issue you a report on your daughter’s progress once each year.
Cost of Lessons and Payment
- Individual lessons are $37.50 per half hour. In certain instances, some instruments can be taught in a group. Two students per lesson will cost $19 for each student. Three students will cost $13 for each student.
- Please ensure that you pay directly to the teacher listed at the top of the account, not the school, by the method that suits you both best.
- All Bills will be paid in advance of commencement of any set of lessons. Please ensure you have done this, or lessons will not be able to start.
- Invoices for hiring instruments are handled through disbursements to school accounts.
Cancelling a Lesson
If you know in advance that a lesson needs to be cancelled, please phone or text the teacher. This needs to be done at least 48 hours before the lesson in the case of a test or activity and, in the case of sickness, before 7am on the morning of the lesson. Failure to do this will mean that the lesson will be charged for.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Music, Marian Campbell at any time by email for any questions about the teaching programme.
A term of tuition, once commenced, must be completed or a full term’s fees paid. Written notice of termination of lessons by parent/caregiver or teacher must be given a term in advance.
Please feel free to contact your music teacher at any time and discuss the progress of your daughter. The online form for lessons can be found using the button at the top of this page.
Marsden Itinerant Music teachers
|FLUTE||Ms Karen Batten|
|VOICE||Ms Annabelle Cheetham|
|JAZZ / ROCK VOICE||Ms Sandy Cairns-James|
|CLARINET & SAXOPHONE||Mr Mark Cookson|
|VIOLIN & VIOLA||Ms Glenda Craven|
|PIANO||Ms Irene Katzougiannis|
|BASSOON||Ms Penny Miles|
|VOICE||Ms Barbara Paterson|
|VOICE||Ms Anastasia Reid|
|TUBA||Mr Ian Ridgewell|
|OBOE||Ms Madeline Sakofsky|
|PIANO||Ms Emma Sayers|
|BRASS||Mr Chris Selley|
|DRUMS/UKULELE||Mr Darren Sigley
|GUITAR||Mr Tyson Smith|
|PIANO||Dr Rachel Thomson|
|'CELLO & DOUBLE BASS||Mr Brenton Veitch|
|PIANO||Ms Julia Walls|
|PIANO & HARSICHORD||Dr Kris Zuelicke|